Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

A bouquet of WHAT? and Lebanese garlic sauce

My husband brought me a very thoughtful bouquet of garlic last week. Not exactly the way to every woman's heart, but to mine fore sure. I'm not sure what I will do with so much garlic. My sister suggests mincing it all and freezing it in small cubes to toss into soups, stocks, whatever as I need it. I'm thinking some roasted garlic soup. Lebanese garlic sauce and a ton of garlic bread. Today I leave you with this recipe for Lebanese garlic sauce good on any protein (even tofu) salads, potatoes and just amazing on roasted (or fired) cauliflower. Traditionally this tasty sauce uses raw garlic however you can also use roasted garlic for mellow garlicky goodness. 


You need some type of blender or food pro (I used an immersion blender and it worked wonderfully).  


INGREDIENTS: 
1 head of garlic - rough choped
1/2 cup lemon juice 
1 1/2 cup olive oil or grape seed oil (or mix of both) 
3/4 tbs salt (or to taste)
1 tbs white vinegar (optional) 


* place garlic, lemon salt and 1/2 of the oil in a tall plastic container  and begin blending, slowly continue adding the remainder of the oil. 


This sauce is also a great substitute for eggless aoli (ie. garlic mayonnaise)  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!