Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Has Sprung-ish Pasta - Detox diet

Good day mates. Hope you all enjoyed the beautiful taste of spring we had in Ontario last week. Almost felt like summer for a hot minute, but at last it seems winter is still upon us judging by the major drop in temperature we've seen over the last few days. After an extremely long weekend (I had a cocktail event for 70 followed by a lunch cooking demo) I finally have some down time to blog about my culinary adventures in detoxing. Eating gluten and dairy free has been challenging but you really do start to get the hang of it after a few weeks. Pasta is just one of those things that needs cheese, or meat or something with fair amount of fat or richness, or so I thought until I concocted this delicious combination. They key is to fold a raw egg into the hot pasta to create a creamy carbonara type texture. This pasta is filled with lots fiber and yummy nutrients. Definitely a dish to try.
INGREDIENTS: 
TruRoots gluten free organic spaghetti 
fresh or frozen green peas 
frozen edamame - blanched 
hearts of palm (canned) - rinsed & chopped
artichoke (canned) - rinsed & chopped 
French beans - blanched & chopped 
infused olive oil (herbs, zest, garlic etc...)
apple cider vinegar - splash
garlic - minced 
lemon - zested & juiced 
egg
s & p 
fresh copped parsley 
PREP: Marinate canned veg in minced garlic, infused oil, lemon, vinegar, parsley, s & p. 
COOK: Blanch veg in pasta water after pasta is cooked until al dente. Toss a raw egg into the hot cooked pasta as well as all the veg and toss quickly to insure that it creates a creamy coating. Adjust seasoning.


11 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I love fresh veggie pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the perfect start to spring. Let's not forget it will soon be bathing suit season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love this! So yummy and so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's looks tempting and super easy.. I have plan to do fasting twice a week and I think I need to store lots of pasta,beans, and vegetable to cook this for my early breakfast, and can I substitute the apple cider vinegar with red whine vinegar?

    thanks and cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm--I have a similar recipe, but it doesn't include the hearts of palm or edamame, and I think those are great additions. Buzzed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pasta - you crammed a whole lot of veggies in there. I too, cannot fathom pasta without cheese. Happy cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this pasta - you crammed a whole lot of veggies in there. I too, cannot fathom pasta without cheese. Happy cleansing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum - you packed a ton of bright colors and veggies in the spring pasta - love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!