Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Tomato Snob's take on green, eggs & ham


No this is not what I ate over the weekend! As most of you know by now I'm at the end of a three week detox cleanse, that looks like it's going to last a lot longer then the initial three weeks. Today I'm reminiscing about a late breakfast I shared with a friend last month. We were starving and had worked all a.m. We wanted something satisfying and fast. Boy did this feast dance on our taste buds. There isn't a recipe for anything obviously. But just for some insider info the green plate is a chimichuri spread, the ham is fried sausage (sweet & hot), the shrimps were dusted in smoked & sweet paprika and pan fried. Everything came together like all good breakfast feasts do, with fresh baguette & room temp salted butter. In about 20 minutes I was well on my way to being in a happy fat kid food coma. Give this combo a try next time you feel like feasting your way through a Sunday afternoon, but don't plan too much for the rest of the day. Check back later this week for a very important post about "the dirty dozen vs. the clean fifteen" you don't want to miss it!
-chow for now

10 comments:

  1. Nice take, indeed! :) Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! I am bookmarking this and making next week :)

    I nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award!
    You have a great blog!
    Check it out http://www.magnolia75thebakinglounge.com/2012/04/awards-and-nominees.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll be paying it forward later this month!

      Delete
  3. May I post one of your pictures with a link to your post on my blog? I'm doing a 5 favorites each Friday and this was one of mine this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnolla75 - Awesome! What an honor.
    Heidi, Absolutely!
    Thanks a bunch ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that the Costco sausage? I love sausage just sauteed in a pan. So good. This is adorable and worthy of a splurge day where calories don't count.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a Costco sausage.. from my local butcher ;)

      Delete

Thanks for your two cents. I love change!